NEXT blogger event

IMG_4799IMG_4809

Hi everyone! I was lucky enough to be one of the bloggers invited to preview the Next S/S11 collection in their headquarters in Leicester on Tuesday. The day was great, it was surreal to meet all these bloggers, some of them I admire a lot, and I felt really privileged to be among this group of stylish ladies!
First, while we were having a lovely breakfast, the Next buyers presented us the different trends that make up the new collection about to hit the stores.

Bonjour à tous ! J'ai eu la chance d'être invitée par la marque anglaise Next pour découvrir leur nouvelle collection avec d'autres bloggeuses mode ce mardi; durant cette journée nous avons également participé à un 'style challenge'; voici mes photos de cette super journée (pour voir un résumé en détails regardez la vidéo à la fin, vous pouvez également me voir parler de la tenue que j'ai choisie !)


IMG_4801reIMG_4804


My favourite one is definitely 'White Heat', with its lovely romantic blouses and sheer fabrics. I really enjoyed seeing all the moodboards, it's a great way to see where they got their inspiration from, as well as the key colours and fabrics they've used.


IMG_4805IMG_4806


Two of my favourite pieces from the collection: I really want this top, it's just so cute; and this dress is amazing, such lovely details!


IMG_4807

I met the lovely Jen from A Little Bird Told Me, and Sarah from We Shop Therefore We are, it was so nice to meet you both! :)


_DSC6720_DSC6734re


We all took part in a style challenge, we were given an item from the new collection, and we had to style it with clothes from the mock-up shop (how amazing is that, seriously?) and then we were photographed! Here is the outfit I came up with, I was given the floral flare trousers, and really went for a 70s look! What do you think? I quite like it!
Finally, here is a video of the day, with me talking about the outfit I made up in the second half; I must say well done to the person who edited this video because I said a lot of cr*p and the final version is really good (apart from the bad accent hehe) so thank you!
And thank you so much to Jenny for inviting me and to the Next team for organizing this great day, I had a fantastic time and cannot wait to see the pieces I loved in store!




18 commentaires:

Milly a dit…

Loving your 70s look! Am always on the look-out for the perfect white floaty Summer blouse as well and this looks promising!x

http://millyfellintothewardrobe.blogspot.com/

Filipa a dit…

Oh Iris, you sound great on the video, very French (understand very glamorous and stylish!). I like how you decided to style that jacket with the sheer blouse, intersting choice, but it definitely works out great! :)

Anonyme a dit…

i actually really like the pants you had to style - think i may get them haha. your video looks really good! i think i'll put mine in my next post, although im not sure i look like i had no idea what i was doing! ha xx

♥ Lily a dit…

I love the outfit you created, it's so romantic looking and pretty.

Jane a dit…

BAh ca avait l'air sympa ce petit évènement^^ Ca faisait un moment que je n'étais pas passée par ici, mais c'est toujours aussi chouette!
Nouvelle followeuse, by the way ;)

Anonyme a dit…

Great post, i just found your blog and I'm following!! That sheer floral top looks gorgeous, I work for next and never see clothes like this :( but the white heat mood board looks promising!!

whyaminotfrench.blogspot.com
xxx

Anonyme a dit…

i worked for next for four years & never did i do anything as fashion-oriented as what you experienced haha. you must tell me your secret :)

Anonyme a dit…

Oh that sheer top with the flowers is so pretty ö

And the video is really cute! : D

Anonyme a dit…

J'espère que tu as pu garder le blouson : il te va vraiment bien !

Unknown a dit…

This is a really lovely outfit, love the way you styled the trousers.
I love the video, I think your accent is gorgeous :) x

Gem a dit…

Looks like a lovely day and the video is fab. Love how you styled your outfit x

Unknown a dit…

Ahh love the video and the romantic feel of the outfit. Also love your outfit a few posts down, sad I didn't get to really chat to you on the day.

Vicki a dit…

Love your outfit choice iris! i got invited to the next event but unfort flying over from ireland proved to tricky im so utted i missed the event and meeting all the mlovely bloggers like yourself :) x

Winnie a dit…

Oh I loved your outfit! I wish I had been able to speak to you properly on the day. It was so much fun though wasn't it?

Anonyme a dit…

Haha yes! I'm going to see them live in April so I'm listening a lot of the wombats lately (:
Oh really!? Only 25? I bought it for 45! But he's totaly word it, can't believe you didn't buy it!

Louder Than Silence a dit…

Looks like a fun day - I love the outfit you styled up. Sally x

Pearl Westwood a dit…

Love the outfit you choose, the pants look great with the stacked heels x

lucie.lovely.cupcake a dit…

La robe blanche est trop jolie! :)