Blogger Talk @ Sketchbook Pop-Up Shop

IMG_3846


Hi everyone! Today I wanted to show you what I did on Thursday afternoon.. I was at the Sketchbook pop-up shop in Carnaby Street where I attended a 'Getting Started Lecture' about blogs, given by the amazing Jill (Polka Dot) and Jen (Style Crusader) !

But first, you may be wondering: what is the Sketchbook pop up shop? Well, Sketchbook is a quaterly magazine 'that showcases established and emerging creative talents in fashion, design and culture with a focus on features, photography and illustration'. The shop is great, and will close down on the 14th of May, so if you're in London, I can only recommend you to check it out before it's too late. The last lecture will be given by Susie from the blog Susie Bubble, (on the 13th), I can't wait to go!

Back to Thursday; the talk was brilliant: it was great to talk about blogs, fashion, the blogging 'community', and Jill & Jen gave such helpful advice on how to develop your blog, as well as talking about their own experience! I also got to meet lovely people there, and I am looking forward to seeing them again soon (btw I didn't write any of your links down, so please feel free to leave them)

Here are some photos of the shop, it is so lovely and creative, I adored the animal paintings!
**
IMG_3840
IMG_3845
IMG_3842
IMG_3844RAP

(Below) Meet Jill, wearing here some lovely shorts and a breton striped shirt (yay!), and Jen, wearing her already famous miu-miu-like dress and her clogs which she gets so asked about!
Aren't they just lovely? Oh, and their perfect smiles are both from America! :)

IMG_3851

15 commentaires:

the style crusader a dit…

oh iris this is so lovely! i've got some really lovely photos of you from this day - with you smiling! your smile is gorgeous! i'm so glad i got to meet you! must meet up again. may come by carnaby street on thursday - are you thinking of being there?
xx

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary a dit…

i looks like you had a great time! i really wish i popped along, the shop looks amazing!

have a wonderful day.
love, jazzabelle. x

Tobi a dit…

Such a fun day :) x x

http://stylebyqueens.wordpress.com/

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary a dit…

p.s. as i know you also have a love for the v&a, i thought i should tell you that next friday there will be a free fashion show! tickets go quickly so try and book today! :) http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/fashion/fashion_motion/osman_yousefzada/index.html

love, jazzabelle. xxx

daisychain a dit…

that looks so cool

Lithienne a dit…

C'est magnifique ! Je suis fan des T-shirt ! Je voulais te demander : peut-on acheter leurs articles par internet ? (le lien ne marche pas, je ne sais pas si c'est ma connexion qui bug)

Bisous et bonne continuation !

Iris / London Fashion Diary a dit…

@thestylecrusader: yes I'll be there on Thursday, would love to see you!! I'm glad if the photos turned out ok :D

@jazzabelle: I had forgotten about this, and thanks to your lovely comment I called and got some tickets! I hope to see you there :) at what time are you going? I'm attending the one at 8pm!

@lithienne: merci de me l'avoir dit, en effet le lien ne marchait pas, je l'ai changé ! concernant les tee shirts et autres objets, il me semble qu'on peut seulement les acheter sur place, mais à verifier !

The Fashion Cloud a dit…

ahaa enfin je t'ai trouvé :)
Et bien fallait pas 'descendre' son blog comme ça moi je le trouve très sympa et les photos donnent très bien aussi.

What a lovely day indeed!!

Tu étudie quoi et ou au fait?

xx

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary a dit…

ohh, i shall also be attending the the 8pm showing with a friend! see you there, lovely. i better start planning my outfit! :)

x

Ness a dit…

ooooh c'est beau! J'adore les petits tee shirt!

Anonyme a dit…

Trop mignon les photos:) Alors c quand qu'on se voit?:)

Tokyo fashion-HOLIC a dit…

Lovely pics.
I love the shop display.

Anonyme a dit…

I've just stumbled upon your blog - you're utterly lovely (and you have the most amazing hair!).

I finally made it to the Sketchbook pop-up, but only for Susie's talk on the last day (which was really good) - I only wish i'd made it earlier!

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.wordpress.com/

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary a dit…

hello, thanks for the comment. i thought i'd better reply here just in case you didn't look back on my blog!

yes, i adore spending time with my grandma as we are so into the same things. i think more people should be like us, because loads of teenagers in today's society feel rather ashamed or embarrassed about being with their grandparents, or just older people in general.

ohh, thanks for telling me about createvoice, i just emailed them asking how i would go about getting a membership with them!

see you on friday, by the way. hopefully we will see each other! i rather nervous, actually. i'm always like that when i meet new people, plus i just hope i seem like the person i am on my blog, if you get what i mean? just look out for a skinny girl in polka dot tights! i will look out for you, i am sure i'll see you first, your gorgeous hair colour (which i am so jealous of!) would be very hard not to notice :)


love, jazzabelle. xxx

Sara a dit…

I was also at the blog-talk, did not have a blog then but started one now! Love your blog, think its very cute and inspiring :)
X Sara