Spring outfit: pale skin & florals

IMG_4985IMG_4989

The weather was so lovely today, for the first day of Spring, and I though it would be appropriate to wear my lovely new dress from Next. When I saw this dress, I could not help but think of Gok Wan.
Random, I know. But I've been watching his new show regularly, and I just thought he would approve of this dress for my body shape as it's fitted around the waist, but larger around the hips, which is good as my hips are a bit wide. It has a neckline that flatters small busts such as mine, and has batwing sleeves, which creates volume around my otherwise tiny arms. And I love the 70s feel of the dress. Anyway, I can safely say that I love this dress and that I will wear it a lot this season!

Voici ma dernière acquisition, cette robe d'esprit 70s provenant de chez Next, que j'ai porté pour célébrer l'arrivée du printemps aujourd'hui (et comme vous pouvez le constater, il faisait beau !) Ce qui me plait vraiment chez cette robe, c'est la coupe, que je trouve parfaite pour ma morphologie, (et c'est rare !) car elle est cintrée à la taille, plus large au niveau des hanches, et le col est flatteur pour les petites poitrines, bref je l'adore !
J'ai également sorti mon headband à fleurs, qui vient de chez Primark, il faut oser mais je trouve que ça complète bien une tenue, et donne un côté romantique ? Je l'ai mal mis sur la dernière photo par contre, héhé.

IMG_4986IMG_4994

Dress: c/o Next // Flats: Miss Selfridge // Headband & bracelets: Primark // Necklace: vintage

Also, I've been wearing this rose headband from Primark for the first time today; I originally bought it for a photoshoot I did for uni, but I really love it so I thought I'd wear it myself! I haven't put it properly on the last picture though, hehe. Oh, and for those who were wondering, I took these pictures in my garden, the neighbour next door was outside the whole time, and I was so worried he might see me and think I was crazy or something, taking pictures of myself with the camera on self-timer! :P


19 commentaires:

Hannah a dit…

your new dress is gorgeous, the print is so lovely. i laughed at the gok comment!! the headband is so pretty, i have a similar one that i picked up from leeds festival last summer


Bow Dream Nation xx

daisychain a dit…

IN LOVE with that dress, it is oh so gorgeous on you! I adore that headband too, my local Primark only had it in purple :(

Anonyme a dit…

You look lovely! Your dress is so perfect x

Anonyme a dit…

Your dress is so lovely! Sunny photos make me so happy : D

Voni W a dit…

This dress is sooo cute, it fits you absolutely prefectly. LOVELY!
And the flower head band is really nice with your hair cut etc, i tried it on and looked like such an idiot haha x

Anonyme a dit…

Wonderful!
Un look qui fera date ! Et je te confirme que cette robe te va à merveille. :)
Laisse ton sourire se détendre complètement sur les photos, tu verras ça te donnera l'air plus naturelle et spontanée, surtout avec ce genre de tenue !^^
J'espèreque par ailleurs que tes soucis se sont un peu arrangés...

Hayley a dit…

I love your dress, its such a gorgeous cut! I wonder if Next will be doing it in different fabrics at all? Hope so!

Héloïse a dit…

Quelle magnifique robe à fleurs, merveilleusement bien choisi pour célébrer le printemps et j'adore ton headband, très romantique :)
Bises.

MARIE a dit…

Cette robe fleurie est magnifique! Je découvre ton blog et je repasserai avec grand plaisir! Beau look! Bisous à très bientôt!
http://marieblogueuse.blogspot.com

eliza a dit…

This is such a lovely dress, the shape is gorgeous, and I adore the print.

xxx

lizzie a dit…

especially like your hair in the above photos
and your blog is fabulous :)

xx

helen turnbull a dit…

dress and hairband are lovely.

Helen, X
areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

Emma a dit…

That dress is REALLY gorgeous on you - so flattering! Gok would definitely be proud ;) x

Héloïse a dit…

Tes commentaires me font toujours très plaisir, merci beaucoup :)
Bisous bisous.

daniela kate morosini a dit…

aah, j'aime ton robe beaucoup! c'est parfait pour printemps, aussi! xx

Jamie-Lee Burns a dit…

You look gorgeous - hehe I do that, dress for my body type too! x

LittleMissLee a dit…

love that dress, and I'm sure Gok Wan would approve :) you look fab

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Our Youth a dit…

Pretty dress xxx

Anonyme a dit…

Really good post!