V&A News

I am, as you know, a fan of the Victoria and Albert Museum.. Well, a fan is a bit of an understatement, I am in love with this museum and spend my life there!
Anyway, I thought I'd share with you some forthcoming events that I am going to attend, and hopefully some of you will come along!
First, as you may or may not know, the VandA regularly organizes 'Fashion in Motion' events, which are live catwalk shows where designers showcase their collections! Needless to say they are not obscure designers, but only 'la crême de la crême' (such as Vivienne Westwood, Anna Sui, JPG and Kenzo to name but a few).
The next show will present the work of Stéphane Rolland; on the 10th of December. There are four shows during the day, but if you want to grab a ticket, I'd suggest to call quickly because they are going fast! (by the way the shows are free to attend, which is just amazing!)



Stéphane Rolland is a Parisian couturier, who launched his Haute Couture house in 2007, and is well known for "his modern and original interpretation of couture". He is now working on a ready to wear range for 2011.

***

The second event I wanted to mention is a one day event this Saturday (4th of December) entitled 'Behind the Scenes with the Ballets Russes'. The Diaghilev exhibition is on at the moment, which I would highly recommend because it's just brilliant (there is a lot to see and it is so worth the £7 or so to get in); and this is a study day where we are going to explore the sets, costumes and graphic art associated with Diaghilev's dance company. Because I am a student, I only pay £5 otherwise the day (10.30-5pm) costs £46. I know that this is going to be so interesting and a great way to spend my Saturday, in my favourite museum, learning more about the Ballets Russes!
I will make sure to report back about those two events, and hope it will be of interest to some of you! Here is the number to book any of the events 02079422211 :)


5 commentaires:

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary a dit…

ohh, i'm going to the next fashion in motion too! what show are you going to? i'm going to the 3o'clock showing :) see you on friday for createvoice? x

Iris / London Fashion Diary a dit…

aww that's too bad, I'm going to the 5pm one! I can't wait for it!
yeah I'll see you on friday, hehe, that's going to be well embarassing, I'm probably going to greet the guests :D

xx Iris

Anonyme a dit…

Oh wow - I love the V&A too - I wish I lived in London so I could visit it more x

Fashion Fabrice a dit…

I never heard of this designer but these dresses are out of controle i LOVE them!! Such great shapes! I love this post! Im really happy I ran into your blog! You have great style:) Im becomming a follower !!
Hope you visit me and follow meback, that would be amazing:)

Love
Fashionfabrice

have a fabulous day:)

Anonyme a dit…

Is there anymore information you can give on this subject. It answers a lot of my questions but there is still more info I need. I will drop you an email if I can find it. Never mind I will just use the contact form. Hopefully you can help me further.

- Robson